- Olemc civilization began about 1500-400 B.C
- Some believe it was probably Olmec who first made chocolate from cacao.
- There were many gods such as Maize God (the main god), Rain God, Opossum God, Cacao God, and more.
- Cacao appears several times in Popol Vuh.
- Cacao also appears in the far less artistic Madid Codex.
- What is "nixtamalization"???
- How many gods are there in total???
- Which god comes after Maize God???
- What did each god mean???
- Masonry- the craft or occupation of a mason.
- Ethnohistoric- a branch of anthropology dealing with the development of cultures, as through the analysis of archaeological findings.
- Obsidan- a volcanic glass similar in composition to granite, usually dark but transparent in thin pieces, and having a good conchoidal fracture.
- ...Popol Vuh, but then we know that we do not have complete version of the epic, at least as it was known to the Classi Maya.
- ...delicately painted and carved ceramic vessels testify to the artistic as well as material...
- This chapter is about the history of Olmec. Also the birth of Cacao. It lets the reader know where Cacao appears.