Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Go Ask Alice (5/4//3/2/1)

Comments-
  1. My novel " Go Ask Alice" is a great novel. I like how the author is anonymous
  2. Alice reminds me of a character from a show called "Degrassi" and she is always complaining about her weight.
  3. Alice also reminds me of a character from a movie called "I've Never Been Kissed Before" and this who was considered the geek was in love with the popular guy and he pretended that he was going to take her to prom, but stood her up. Just like the guy, Roger, did to Alice.
  4. I enjoy how the author catches the readers' attention, not telling what happens and makes them read more to find out.
  5. There are a lot of details in this novel.

Questions-
  1. What school does Alice go to???
  2. Where is her dad going to be the Dean of Political Science at???
  3. What is Alice considered at school???
  4. What is Roger considered at school???

Vocabulary-
  1. blasé- indifferent to or bored with life
  2. otiose- of no use
  3. sobriquet- a nickname

Literary Terms-
  1. "I'm beginning to look as sloppy as I feel."
  2. "Hooray, we have a house!"
Overview-

This novel is about a by the name of Alice and almost ever night she rights how she feels in her diary. She writes how she feels about a boy that she really likes and how she s her school. She is also stressed, feels like dying, and thinks she is fat and sloppy.

No comments: